Welcome parents. Whether you’re married, unmarried, single, adoptive parents, step-parents, or any other type of guardian, we believe that you are an incredible gift in your child’s life and that God has given you a unique role and influence in that life. As a church community, we want to come alongside and support you in your role as a parent. Please continue browsing this section on parenting to find out what this looks like practically. You’ll discover upcoming events, practical guides for parenting children of all ages, Rites of Passage Experiences that you can carry out in your own home, and more. All of this flows out of a basic philosophy, summed up as follows:
We believe in Orange Families!
Listen to the words that God speaks to the tribes of Israel through Moses:
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”
These words are spoken first to the family, then to the broader nation of Israel. It identifies two primary voices in a child’s life: The Family and the Church. We believe these two influences combined make a greater impact than two separate influences.
Around here, we use the colour Orange to symbolize this partnership:
The heart of the Family (Red) + the light of the Church (Yellow) = Orange
Here are 5 key points that we hope we can agree on, which will help guide and inform our partnership:
• Nothing is more important than someone’s relationship with God
• No one has more potential to influence a child’s relationship with God than a parent/guardian
• No one has more potential to influence a parent’s relationship with God than the Church
• The Church’s potential to influence a child dramatically increases when it partners with a parent
• The parent’s potential to influence a child dramatically increases when that parent partners with the Church
The Orange vision:
Design a strategy that combines family with the faith community to demonstrate the message of God’s story, in order to influence the next generation
We hope you’ll partner with us